A story of bravery, friendship and love
It is a stormy, thunderous night. A robbers’ castle in an ancient forest is split into two. At the same moment, Ronja is born – a girl with raven hair, strong and quick-tempered, bright-eyed and cheerful, curious and brave. It is the beginning of a new era, a new life. Ronja slowly gets to know Mattis’s forest and its fantastic inhabitants. It is a harsh and cold environment; to survive in it, you must be brave, skilful and fearless. But it is also home.
Growing up, Ronja understands that the world and the people in it are much more multilayered and controversial than you might think. What does a child feel when she discovers that people’s words and actions do not always correspond? How to handle the fact that your best friend is also the son of your father’s arch-enemy? How to live your life, listening to your heart and not hurting anyone?
Director Taavi Tõnisson: “Astrid Lindgren’s ‘Ronja, the Robber’s Daughter’ is definitely one of my childhood favourites. The primeval setting of the story is harsh and rough. But it is also full of adventures and mystery, which I found indescribably exciting as a child as well as now.”
- Thursday 14.Sep 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Friday 15.Sep 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Saturday 7.Oct 12:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Sunday 8.Oct 15:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Tuesday 10.Oct 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ferdinandi saal Buy
- Eveline and Me A fantasy production for school children (ages 7+). Premiering on April 30, 2022. 1 h 15 min | Ferdinand Hall
- The Robber Hotzenplotz A crazy robber-racket with bratwurst and popping mushrooms. For age 6+ 1 h 10 min | Ferdinand Hall
- Topsy-Turvy Nothing is the right way, not even upside down. For ages 7+ Ferdinand Hall
- The Somersault No matter how upside down things are – we can always make them bounce the other way round. For the whole family, starting from age 5. Ferdinand Hall