What if one day you could do whatever you wanted to?
Palle wakes up one morning and discovers that there is no one home. No one in town either. No cars or trams in the streets, no people in shops. Yes, they have all disappeared, and Palle goes on an adventure through places where he has never been alone, but which are all equally tempting to a child: the candy shop, tram driver’s seat, the bank and so on…
This seemingly simple story speaks of loneliness, containing in it also philosophical questions about the relationship between the individual and the society.
The production is based on the book ‘Paul is Alone in the World’ by Danish children’s author Jens Sigsgaard, published in 1942. Being a psychologist, Sigsgaard based the book on a survey carried out among a thousand four-to-seven-year-olds, in which he asked what children dream about.
The show uses video projection on moving puppets, which is a novel technique in puppet theatre, blending puppetry and animation into a unique, fantastical whole. It brings the story to the young viewer in a captivating and child-friendly way.
‘Palle Alone in the World’ is the first production in the Estonian Theatre for Young Audiences that has come out of the in-house theatre laboratory.
- Wednesday 6.Mar 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ovaalsaal Sold out
- Thursday 7.Mar 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ovaalsaal Sold out
- Friday 8.Mar 11:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ovaalsaal Sold out
- Saturday 9.Mar 12:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ovaalsaal Sold out
- Saturday 9.Mar 15:00 Eesti Noorsooteater, Ovaalsaal Sold out
- Fly, Little Caterpillar A puppet production that tells the story of a butterfly, inviting everyone to explore nature. For ages 3+ u 30 min | Oval Hall
- Sun, Moon and Stars A legend about the creation of heavenly bodies. For toddlers aged 2–5 years. 40 min | Oval Hall
- The Boy and the Butterfly A visual theatre production for young children. Based on a miniature by Anton Hansen Tammsaare 25 min | Small Hall
- Weepie's Whispers Children Program. Soundscape worlds for babies aged 10 months to 2 years. 30 min | Oval Hall